Paternity
Abstract
2009-09-22 19:55:23 UTC
Can anyone give any advice on how to go about questioning paternity.

Do you request a Paternity test from the csa?

Or some other authority?

Abstract
Red Melons
2009-09-22 22:03:58 UTC
Post by Abstract
Can anyone give any advice on how to go about questioning paternity.
Do you request a Paternity test from the csa?
Or some other authority?
Abstract
http://www.csa.gov.uk/en/about/faq/disputed-parentage.asp

The CSA will require a DNA test to prove paternity or non-paternity.
You can arrange a paternity test yourself, but probably easier to apply
through the CSA (£215.69)

Note however:

'We can only use DNA tests if both the person named as the parent of
the child and the parent with care agree to take the test. The parent
with care will also need to agree that the child can take the test,
unless the child is 16 or over when it is up to the child to agree to
it themselves.'

'if someone continues to deny they are the parent after we have
presumed it, then a DNA test can be arranged as long as the other
parent agrees. If the other parent does not agree to a DNA test, the
person we have presumed to be the parent may be able to apply to the
courts to prove they are not the parent.'

'If a parent with care refuses to take the test, we can close the
case. This means the person named as the parent will not have to pay
child maintenance through us for that child.'
l00zer
2009-11-13 19:08:58 UTC
Post by Red Melons
Post by Abstract
[...]
And when it turns out you are the father you'll have to cough up the
best part of £300 for the cost of the test. That's £300 you could
have spent on your child. Just a thought.