Post by John Boy Post by ManBearPig
If I was to resign from my job (which I currently have an assessment
for which I pay cash to the PO each month) and take a job for less
money, would I be eligible for a re-assessment based on my new
circumstances? Or still eligible for the higher amount?
Thanks in advance.
There is always the 'deliberately reducing income...etc' rule. So you need
to contact the CSA (you normally would not do this but in this case you need
to build you defence before the 'other party' writes a poisonous
re-assessment letter) in order to 'normalise' (justify)your situation. Go
for: impending redundancy..jump before pushed...stress...whatever.. Be sure
that any capital you do have is beyond their reach.
Then you are cool!. The parasite may well complain but the CSA already know
what the situation is and will do nowt (easy-sleazy).
If you just drop the job and the money (and how can you afford to do this in
the current circs. etc?...sir!) you will be re-assessed and I suspect.
avoid this at all costs (and it will if you deliberately lie to them). Get
the sods on your side (so be humble/frustrated in your calls/letters) and
then you are in. Your parasite may well appeal but the buggers will check
their records and see that you are already clean.
If you doing as you propose because 'money' is coming your way then do
the above before you have traceable assets. Once (on CSA 1 at least) the
ripples settle you will be on autopilot. In this case take the initiative,
even though this is not often the sensible route.
Thanks for the response, I really appreciate it.
I am genuinely doing this out of the need to de-stress. I commute a
long way to a management role and the workload has increased to the
point where I don't feel I can sustain it anymore and am willing to
take a paycut of £15k to work much nearer to home in a non management
position. I don't have any capital or assets, and yes it seems like a
crazy decision to make at the moment, but I might actually end up
crazy if I don't take action soon!
I must say, I feared something along the lines of your response - it
is disgusting that these arseholes can do you for deliberate reduction
of income when you are trying to make a change to improve your health.
If I decide to go ahead with it I will keep them informed as you
suggest (although I have had no responses to my letters requesting
reassessment for the past year or so, so I'm convinced no one even
reads them anymore).
Also, my parasitic ex works at the CSA (meaning my case is dealt with
by an extra stupid, specially selected band of cretins. Is this an
additional reason to worry, could she help influence this decision?
She's just a grunt herself (fortunately).
You might well visit the friendliest GP in your practice, discuss your
symptoms (Goole some) and look for a recommendation/agreement re reducing
work related stress (but do not go for the diagnosis/tablets!). Then you can
go to CSA with the 'medical recommendation' strategy, which your GP will
confirm. Bye-bye comeback on the basis of deliberately reducing your income.
Wish I'd thought of this earlier. sorry for reply-delay, been away (no, not