Question???
Eyan The Mackem (oo)
2008-04-11 14:26:51 UTC
I have just recieved an assessment from the CSA.

I have never been asked to provide any payslips and had no contact, however
there calculation of my take home pay is correct! My last contact with them
was a letter telling me my assessment was nil and a refund of money paid! I
am in a new job and have had no assessment in this employment.

How do they know how much I earn?
g***@hotmail.com
2008-04-12 15:02:22 UTC
Post by Eyan The Mackem (oo)
I have just recieved an assessment from the CSA.
I have never been asked to provide any payslips and had no contact, however
there calculation of my take home pay is correct! My last contact with them
was a letter telling me my assessment was nil and a refund of money paid! I
am in a new job and have had no assessment in this employment.
How do they know how much I earn?
You could ask your wages department if they have been contacted? I'm
not sure but I thought they could go directly to the employer. The CSA
don't have to let you know they have done this, and the employer does
not have to tell you they have done this - in fact they are encouraged
not to.
Claire Rand
2008-04-12 18:15:43 UTC
Post by g***@hotmail.com
Post by Eyan The Mackem (oo)
I have just recieved an assessment from the CSA.
I have never been asked to provide any payslips and had no contact, however
there calculation of my take home pay is correct! My last contact with them
was a letter telling me my assessment was nil and a refund of money paid! I
am in a new job and have had no assessment in this employment.
How do they know how much I earn?
You could ask your wages department if they have been contacted? I'm
not sure but I thought they could go directly to the employer. The CSA
don't have to let you know they have done this, and the employer does
not have to tell you they have done this - in fact they are encouraged
not to.
other half has had an assessment, without any contact, assumed it was
via his employer, who denied this. it has also been noted that they have
his income wrong (less than actual, though not by much).

had four letters in as many days, each contradicting the other three,
his employer got a different figure for a DoE. they have commented this
is 'normal for the cretins at the csa'.

its possible the figure can via the tax office.

as for employers being 'encouraged' not to inform an employee that
someone has requested personal information... shady at best