CSA and Girobank slips
stripes
2008-10-21 19:13:07 UTC
Hi folks. Great groups and very informative posts abound.

I have a question for anyone - I've spent the past couple of years in
further education and so my case was not chased up... apart from some
arrears I accrued during that time. Anyway, I phoned them today to
discuss paying them off and asked for some Girobank slips to be sent
to me so I can pay my debt off. I was then told that they have stopped
using them as, and I quote, "too much money was going missing due to
them"? The woman said that this was discussed over the past two years
but its only in the past month that this has came into effect?

I was told that the only methods I could use was either a standing
order (which was pushed heavily) or a direct debit?

Now after discussing this with my new partner I'm slightly dubious
about her claims. She seems to think they want my bank details for
future, possibly underhand, purposes. How much control would I have
over the payments I have agreed with them with these methods? Could
they increase the amounts or freeze my account as they please?

Can anyone shed any light on these questions as they said they were
sending out the forms to me and I'd really prefer to be in control of
how I pay?
Fletcher
2008-10-21 23:57:30 UTC
Do not give them a direct debit.

Cheques or standing order.

Ideally a veriety of Cheques with different amounts at different times but
balencing the amount due.

Helps keep a slob in a job! Ballencing the books.