Property charges and seizures
p***@btinternet.com
2008-11-08 11:57:36 UTC
Hello, just had yet another letter from the SS threatening legal
action, including the ability to seize property! I live in a property
with my wife, which is in joint names and am sure was once told by a
solicitor I consulted that the property was untouchable. Yet here
they are threatening the possibility of seizure. Does anyone know
what the true situation is, have been searching for an answer on the
web all morning to no avail! Wife is very worried, any advice
appreciated. Also, on a similar tack, have previously been threatened
with a charge on my property, anyone know how this works, and is it
possible when a property is in joint names.

cheers.
Fletcher
2008-11-08 13:20:41 UTC
If the property is either in your wife's name or in joint names they cant
touch it, your wife cannot be made to suffer by the government for some
action of yours if she has nothing to do with all of this. There's a name
for this and it's a LAW, I just can't recall its name at the moment.

Maybe they can put a charge on the house. In essence all this means it that
before you sell it you must settle there debt, this only affects you if you
ever want to move house and it really only works if you have a mortgage on
the house, if you own it outright there are easy ways to by pass this order,
e.g you could sell the house to your wife, kids etc for one pound cash and
that's a legal transaction that they cant get paid on as there is not enough
money in the deal!

Your wife shouldn't worry, the one thing the law does know about in minute
detail is the laws relating to property and any battle like this would span
years. It's scare mongering and this is going to be the jackbooted scumbag
actions of the NEW SS run C-MESS

There are a lot of other considerations with property, so one government
dept wants to make you homeless, while another government department would
need to house you. If you/your wife have kids, do you think anybody is going
to let them toss your kids out onto the street for CSA cash, don't think so.

So relax, sit down and write to CSA and ask them to explain the use of this
word seized, and exactly what they mean by it and could they clarify it
exactly and there exact intentions, copy the letter to your MP and state
that he's copied on the letter. That way they do need to answer it, and they
do need to be absolutely correct in there reply. If you don't get an answer
in a few weeks go see your MP and take a copy of all the paperwork relating
to these vile threats. This might be a very inacurete letter making very
inacurte threats for which you might be asble to claim compensation. If the
SS canot infact sieze your property and we think they can't then you have a
very good case for compensation for manicious ill founded threats. Oh if you
want to send me scans (without your details) of this letter, we'll get it
checked out and maybe put it on http://ww.onwww.co.uk might be a nice
starter for C-MESS showing the world how the newly reformed SS still tell
lies, missinform and make unfounded threats.

Now go put your feet up and stop worrying.
cheers.
John Boy
2008-11-08 19:08:00 UTC
Fletcher is, in essence, correct. The issue may turn upon whether you now
have a: 'tenancy in common' or a 'joint tenancy' . Yes, these are different
(I didn't write the laws!) but alterable. Say nothing (zip,zero, zilch! at
all!) to any outside party and check via CAB and a pro bono (i.e. free for
half an hour..CAB will know one) legal appointment (take the written stuff
re tenancy for de-coding) .Then alter the arrangement as/if needed and relax
(but only mentally). Some bits of the CSA make up crap as they go along (and
why not...if it works :cool if it's a pack of lies ...no comeback). Check
your agreement is bullet-proof THEN contact the CSA (in writing, keeping a
copy etc as per Fletcher). Do not assume the CSA (if it's the 'Arrears
Officer', or whatever they call those molesting, psychopathic, target-driven
shits these days; will be reasonable etc). Do the spadework then you can use
all the leverage available if the going gets tough.
Hope this helps....