£40m CSA payments written off in Northern Ireland
redmelons
2008-09-08 18:37:46 UTC
<http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/northern_ireland/7604406.stm>

"A £40m debt owed by absent parents for child support in Northern
Ireland will have to be written off, the BBC has learned.

Some of those who owe money cannot afford to pay, others cannot be
found and some cases have been abandoned because the legal time limit
of six years for collecting the money has passed.

In March, the CSA came under fire from a public spending watchdog
which urged them to take action against parents who failed to pay
maintenance."

Well they're certainly pulling out all the stops - I pay everything
demanded of me, yet they are hounding me because my arrears will take
26 months to repay instead of the two years they have now decided is
'the figure'.

I wonder when they'll do something about transferring me onto the new
system they wrote to me about in 2003?

--
I'm using an evaluation license of nemo since 480 days.
You should really try it!
http://www.malcom-mac.com/nemo
Fletcher
2008-09-08 22:01:43 UTC
They wrote money off before so this will be the second write off, absolute
proof that thay only chase easy targets.

Presumably the pwc have no say in the matter, no redress to law and no
compensation for CSA failures.

Obviously it pays to avoid paying in the long term, at least for the Irish.
http://www.malcom-mac.com/nemo
Fletcher
2008-09-08 23:20:37 UTC
Heres a link to the article on the last CSA £1 billion write off October 20,
2006

CSA to be allowed to write off £1bn owed by fathers
Anger greets news that the law is to be changed to deny mothers owed average
of £14,000
By Rosemary Bennett
A PROMISE to track down more than £1 billion owed to thousands of single
mothers by absent fathers has been abandoned by the Government.

http://business.timesonline.co.uk/tol/business/law/public_law/article606894.ece