World Falling Apart
Stuart Maskery
2008-04-29 14:08:20 UTC
I got a phone call at 9:05 this morning from a very threatening woman
regarding my old arrears of £1700 now despite being on Long Term
Incapacity Benefit, Disability Living Allowance I am being asked to pay
£80 a month to pay off this debt within 2 years, I don't have it, they
know I don't have it, I have no assets to speak of thanks to paying the
lawyers from the family courts and I live in a rented bedsit,

Having lost my health, career and family I want to hang onto what little
personal possessions I have, nothing much, Bed, Washing Machine, PC so I
can get information off the net I cant access in person and the contents
of my Fish Tank,

Any advice needed as they wont budge on the figure and have really put
the wind up me.

Stuart.

P.S Sorry if my language is crap, doped up to the eyeballs on
painkillers and they play around with my language centres.
Fletcher
2008-04-30 15:05:32 UTC
Firstly,

DO NOT TALK TO THE GESTAPO ON THE PHONE!!!

Especially when they sound threatening, send them a letter telling them you
will no longer accept calls, demand everything is in writing. That's the
threats dealt with and you have evidence of all future communication.

Next, go see a brief and have it witnessed that your "giving" all your
possessions to a partner/friend/relative. Its not essential to use a brief
but if they ever send the scummy debt collectors in you have legal docs and
they'll but out

If you use a bank account, change it to a foreign bank, then they can't
freeze it.

Poor your self a drink, sit back, smile and say "Fuck you and your 2 fucking
years, bitch" then forget about them and their shitty extortion demands and
get on with your life.