CS1 housing costs
Abstract
2009-09-23 11:46:10 UTC
I am on CS1 but I have no housing costs as my new partner owns her house and
has no mortgage.

Am I allowed to pay her rent and have this taken into account as my housing
costs?

Is there a way to have some housing costs acknowledged by the csa?

Abstract
Red Melons
2009-09-23 16:05:08 UTC
Post by Abstract
I am on CS1 but I have no housing costs as my new partner owns her house and
has no mortgage.
Am I allowed to pay her rent and have this taken into account as my housing
costs?
Is there a way to have some housing costs acknowledged by the csa?
If you have told the CSA that you are living with a new partner, then
you can only claim any housing costs which your 'household' actually
has, so in your case nil.

If the CSA do not regard you are as a couple, then as long as you can
show a tenancy agreement with details of the rent you have to pay then
you should be able to claim it. Worth a try!