Contingency Centre - Cancelled maintenance assessment ??
b***@googlemail.com
2008-06-25 21:35:42 UTC
I wonder if anyone on here can help.

Just had a letter from the Gestapo.

In it they state that " We have looked again at your case and we have
decided to cancel the maintenance assessement for xxx.

This is because PWC has failed to comply with the agency's request for
further information."

Then basically says that if I want to know more about the decision
then contact the agency.

What should I do with this ?

The reason I ask is that they have been trying to get some info from
me regarding my current partner and I am refusing to give info.
What Im wondering is if they are trying to get me to phone in order
to sneakily get the info from me ??

Any help advice would be greatly appreciated :)
EyAn ThE mAcKeM "oo"
2008-06-25 23:53:40 UTC
Post by b***@googlemail.com
I wonder if anyone on here can help.
Just had a letter from the Gestapo.
In it they state that " We have looked again at your case and we have
decided to cancel the maintenance assessement for xxx.
This is because PWC has failed to comply with the agency's request for
further information."
My ex is being referred to the criminal investigation team! Wish they would
cancel mine... She has failed to comply however I'm told that the criminal
investigation team knock on her door...
Post by b***@googlemail.com
Then basically says that if I want to know more about the decision
then contact the agency.
What should I do with this ?
Ignore it
Post by b***@googlemail.com
The reason I ask is that they have been trying to get some info from
me regarding my current partner and I am refusing to give info.
What Im wondering is if they are trying to get me to phone in order
to sneakily get the info from me ??
That's your partner's choice. Do what I did, whilst on phone to Gestapo
invite them to speak to your partner. When they ask her for details she
replys "fuck all to do with you" not your fault mate...... They might say
the word Interim... Laugh at them
Fletcher
2008-06-26 10:36:49 UTC
Good result but don't do anything at all, make sure you keep that letter as
it's proof you don't have to pay the Gestapo so they can't zap you with
arrears at a later date and certainly do not phone them, you are under no
obligation to tell them anything at all about a partner or respond to that
letter!

For what ever reason your ex has failed to comply, my advice would be to
contact your ex and come to some private arrangement that suits you both and
keep the gestapo out of both your lives, I'm assuming you do want to support
you kids?
b***@googlemail.com
2008-06-26 12:22:34 UTC
Always have supported my kids and will continue to do so.

The letter has certainly came as a surprise as I've not heard of this
happening before.

My thought was that it could have been a tactic in order to conatct
them as I believe they have been sending mail to a previous address.
Nothing really important apparently, just statements etc.

I believe the PWC is working and probably has not told them that.
Doesnt bother me really but I was concerned that I would be re-
assessed at a higher rate due to my partner etc.

Cheers for the advice so far folks :)
John Boy
2008-06-27 17:52:30 UTC
This is a bit unusual but BE CAREFUL and heed the advice :keep the paperwork
and do nothing else.Don't contact anybody ..yet, Fletch is cool re get away
from the CSA but I suggest laying low until you hear squealing....then go
for the way-out offer. Do not muddy the water at the CSA end.
b***@googlemail.com
2008-07-04 22:07:19 UTC
PWC has said nothing about this even though we have spoken a few
times.

As folks here have said Im going to say nothing.
b***@googlemail.com
2008-07-08 23:00:10 UTC
Bit of an update:

Now had a few letters come in at the same time.

One saying that they cancelled the assessment in February and have
reversed the decision .Another stating that they require my housing
costs etc and those of my partner for a new assessment.

Im more than a little confused as to what they are playing at and Im
now wondering whether this new assessment be on CSA 2 ?

Basically I have never missed a payment so this cancellation in
February is news to me.

Due to my mortgage situation I have sent off my last few wage slips
and would not have them at hand for an immediate assessment. In
addition, my partner is due to give birth to our child in October and
"due to a split" she would likely seek a claim against me.
Do the folks here think it would be possible to delay the assessment
until October time so that the new case and the CSA 1 case both went
onto CSA 2 ?

As ever, any help would be greatly appreciated.
Fletcher
2008-07-09 08:53:22 UTC
They won't delay anythinG for your benefit but they are so incompetent that
it might take them to October to sort it out!

If a "new" claim goes in it will automatically put everything into CSA2,
even if they are in the midst of rearanging case 1 on CSA1

Youre under no obligation to provide partner info, ignore the questions
b***@googlemail.com
2008-07-09 19:02:51 UTC
As ever Fletcher: many thanks for your reply, it's much appreciated.

It may have been said before but this group and the info available
from the likes of yourself is invaluable to many of us out there.
b***@googlemail.com
2008-08-07 10:53:52 UTC
A quick update:

I phoned a couple of days ago to ask for more payment slips to be sent
to me. I also informed them of my new address.

2 days later they send a letter to my previous address stating that
unless I give them the info they want they will give me an interim
assessment.