Taking the piss now.
Brian
2008-06-22 21:38:41 UTC
After paying nearly £560 and now £700pm on CS1 for the last 10 years (more
then 1/3 of my take-home pay) i get a phone call from the CSA. I wasn't in
at the time and had to call them back. I googled the number and it came back
as a number from the CMEC department. Brilliant i thought! They must be
reassessing me under the new rules! I rang them back. The person on the
phone then started damanding i pay £4000 arrears NOW, then started telling
me what they can do to me if i don't. This person could not be reasoned
with. I tried to explain i already had an agreement in place and was paying
off my arrears on top of my CS every month. The person wouldn't listen and
kept repeating back the same things, like a f'ing robot... "If you don't pay
this now we can do this to you then do that to you..." on and on in reply to
everything... At this point i'd had enough so i Fletcher'ed 'em right there
and then. (Send this in writing, and please never contact me on the phone
ever again, only in writing from now on) as i went to hang up, the person
said in a raised voice down the phone "YOU HAVE ONE WEEK TO REPLY OUR
LETT....(Click)" The letter arrived shortly after demanding i pay my £4000
arrears NOW. (The 4k was not through non-payment by the way, it was their
cockup in the 1st place)

I replied back offering them £40pm more on top of what i was paying towards
my arrears. (CC'd my MP with a copy of the letter and a covering letter)

Monday morning i get a reply. Ignoring everything said in the letter, and
informing me they are putting a DEO on my wages for £780pm.

So turns out, i get the CS assesment of old CS1 system (Very High) and the
enforcement policy of the new system (Very harsh). That's brilliant.

I'm tired of playing the nice guy all the time by giving in to their
demands. I've done this for 10 years now and i've had enough. On Monday i
quit my job. They can whistle for it now. I can make arrangements to get
money to my KIDS via alternative means when i'm set up self employed.

If they want to take my passport/driving licence away, publicly flog me,
send me to prison, nail me to a fucking wall then so be it. Bring it on.
Fuck them and their nasty discriminating child UN-friendly bastard
organisation.
Fletcher
2008-06-23 09:46:00 UTC
Good decision Brian,

Make contact with your ex, tell her to get out of CSA and come to an
arrangement with you or she'll get ZERO

Remember the basics, be a sole trader, not Ltd. Don't take contract work,
bank with a foreign bank, sign everything you own over to someone you trust.

Dig your heels in, face the wind and stand strong and just ignore CSA, when
you finally have to deal with them start the run-around game!

Being self employed is a good feeling, ok so maybe you'll earn less,
probably work more but your lifes your own.

Good luck
organisation.
Mick Beeby
2008-07-13 15:31:47 UTC
Fletcher, why do you say to be Sole Trader and not Ltd?

My experience is that Ltd is better. As a Sole Trader the CSA can access
your Tax details and use them as basis for assessment.

As a Ltd you can doa few more things, like pay yourself minimum salary
(£100 a week = minimum assessment), give wife/partner controlling shares so
that dividends can't be assessed, use yours and partner tax allowances to
minimise tax bill, put lots of stuff through business as expenses etc. As a
corporate entity the CSA don't have the power to access the tax affairs or
books if you are not the majority shareholder.
organisation.
John Smith
2008-06-24 20:33:59 UTC
See if you negotiate with your ex. Explain the arrears and how she will not
see much of the £4000. Split the difference, she gives you a receipt for
£4000 and you give her £2000. Send receipt to CSA, arrears paid in full.
They do not like people paying direct to ex as this means they cannot get
their grubby mitts on it.

Jon
organisation.
darren lightfoot
2009-08-22 15:38:28 UTC
i have to pay the csa but they are pissing me of i got a letter from them in
june this year to say my paymonts have gone down to 54 pounds that was all
good for me but then in august this year i get another letter to say i o
3grand so i rang them and they said i must pay 140pounds every week so i
told them that i could not aford that so they said you must pay it so now i
have to give my job up because i can not aford to pay them witch i feel is
not fair on me and my family

url:http://www.myreader.co.uk/msg/13953204.aspx