Providing Documents
Dave E H
2005-04-02 08:34:09 UTC
The csa recently requested my new wifes details so they could review my
case. Wages etc, she refused to supply so I wrote to them informing them
that she was refusing to supply.

They then sent me a request to provide updated mortgage and poll tax
figures. I photocopied the documents, blotting out information like account
numbers and her bank details which are shown for direct debit purposes.

I'm now told photocopies are not allowed and they want originals.

How do I stand here? My wifes bank account details etc are on these
documents. She seems to think its a data protection issue and again is
refusing to supply.

I'm on cs1

TIA
Martin Davies
2005-04-02 10:18:14 UTC
Post by Dave E H
The csa recently requested my new wifes details so they could review my
case. Wages etc, she refused to supply so I wrote to them informing them
that she was refusing to supply.
They then sent me a request to provide updated mortgage and poll tax
figures. I photocopied the documents, blotting out information like account
numbers and her bank details which are shown for direct debit purposes.
I'm now told photocopies are not allowed and they want originals.
How do I stand here? My wifes bank account details etc are on these
documents. She seems to think its a data protection issue and again is
refusing to supply.
I'm on cs1
TIA
Can you send origional and blank out her personal details using a marker
pen? Or get a letter confirming current interest rate and payment from the
lender, blank out her details from it and send that?
Council tax, they don't actually need verification. They can ring up for
that - the band your property is in and the current rate for that band are
both publically available figures. And as council tax isn't a housing cost
for CSA purposes, they don't require the same level of verification as
mortgage.
Oh, and as your wife isn't supplying her details for the case anyway,
council tax cannot be used as its in the part of the calculation for family,
not just you.

Martin <><
Marag Dubh
2005-04-02 11:15:20 UTC
Post by Dave E H
The csa recently requested my new wifes details so they could review my
case. Wages etc, she refused to supply so I wrote to them informing them
that she was refusing to supply.
They then sent me a request to provide updated mortgage and poll tax
figures. I photocopied the documents, blotting out information like
account numbers and her bank details which are shown for direct debit
purposes.
I'm now told photocopies are not allowed and they want originals.
How do I stand here? My wifes bank account details etc are on these
documents. She seems to think its a data protection issue and again is
refusing to supply.
I'm on cs1
TIA
Get the copies certified by a JP or solicitor as being true copies. They
can't object to the validity of these copies.

Marag
Fletcher
2005-04-02 13:54:03 UTC
There is now way they can force you to give them documents with her details
on them.

They are just being pedantic scumbags, this is how this filth get there
cheap kicks, by insisting you supply the originals these small mined
bastards are:- 1) Insinuating that you are a fraudster and a liar 2) They
are playing the game of lets lord it over this guy.

They accept photocopies every day, by the boat load, I know I've given them
photocopies so this shitty little Hitlerite worm is the low life stinking
liar in this case.

Nice to know its a proven fact that they are shitty little small minded
liars, the absolute lowest form of scumbags.

Never send original documents to CSA they are almost gareneeted to loose
them.

So what do you do.

Write to them and tell them you will have to request this information from
the vendors, so there will be a delay in getting this info.

Contact the bank ask for conformation of mortgage

Contact the council ask for same.

Don't be in any rush either, but when you do send them send them recorded
delivery as these incompetents will probably loose them anyway.
TIA
Jon Smith
2005-04-12 22:12:15 UTC
The council tax bill you get does not have bank details on, just the amount
you pay. As for the mortgage a tip here is to ask the bank to over pay your
mortgage payment by e.g. £200 per month, ask the bank to confirm the TOTAL
payment per month in writing and separately the interest rate. Get the
documentation and then reduce your payment back to normal. Should save you a
few quid.

;-)

Jon
TIA
Martin Davies
2005-04-13 05:45:48 UTC
Post by Jon Smith
The council tax bill you get does not have bank details on, just the amount
you pay. As for the mortgage a tip here is to ask the bank to over pay your
mortgage payment by e.g. £200 per month, ask the bank to confirm the TOTAL
payment per month in writing and separately the interest rate. Get the
documentation and then reduce your payment back to normal. Should save you a
few quid.
;-)
Jon
That won't work very well if the CSA at any time have a CSA6 form for that
lender with your signature. If they ring to query anything with the lender,
they find out what payment should be.
And being caught lying to the CSA can carry up to a £1000 fine.

Might be a little easier to just not pay the mortgage for a couple of
months. Then agree a repayment figure to pay arrears back over a few months,
so upping mortgage total payment.
Just make sure fees charged are less than reduced assessment.

Martin <><
Father of two
2005-04-13 12:06:50 UTC
Post by Martin Davies
And being caught lying to the CSA can carry up to a £1000 fine.
Quite ironic really, given the CSA's admission of lying on a systemic level.
How many £1,000 fines will be levied on the managers who gave these
instructions I wonder?
Martin Davies
2005-04-13 12:59:29 UTC
Post by Father of two
Post by Martin Davies
And being caught lying to the CSA can carry up to a £1000 fine.
Quite ironic really, given the CSA's admission of lying on a systemic level.
How many £1,000 fines will be levied on the managers who gave these
instructions I wonder?
None.
I doubt if any of them will even lose their job over it.

Maybe legislation is needed to fine government employees who are caught
lying?
Excluding politicians of course - otherwise the courts would be jam packd
full.

Martin <><
Client
2005-04-13 18:47:46 UTC
Post by Father of two
Post by Father of two
How many £1,000 fines will be levied on the managers who gave these
instructions I wonder?
None.
I doubt if any of them will even lose their job over it.
Maybe legislation is needed to fine government employees who are caught
lying?
Excluding politicians of course - otherwise the courts would be jam packd
full.
Martin <><
Mind you, the Civil Service Code lays down that government employees
must not give false information so they should certainly be
disciplined in some way, which could include the sack, if not for the
minion in the firing line, certainly for the manager responsible.

Maybe the reason why they aren't disciplined is to do with Martin's
last sentence - the politicians are shit scared that the spotlight
would soon fall on them.

GG
Martin Davies
2005-04-13 19:46:23 UTC
Post by Client
Post by Father of two
Post by Father of two
[...]
Likely some of the instructions will have been given verbally only. There
are usually a mass of circulars and minutes, but most information gets
passed on at meetings.

Martin <><
Fletcher
2005-04-13 18:10:10 UTC
Post by Father of two
Post by Martin Davies
And being caught lying to the CSA can carry up to a £1000 fine.
Quite ironic really, given the CSA's admission of lying on a systemic level.
How many £1,000 fines will be levied on the managers who gave these
instructions I wonder?
Absolutly none at all, given their history all these bastards will probably
be given promotion, salary increase and bonuses!
Jon Smith
2005-04-13 17:14:53 UTC
They are unlikely to question it and the figure on the letter would be an
accurate representation of your monthly replayment on the date the letter
was written. You will not have lied. I never fill out the form just put in
please see attached letter from lender. Also it is aways worth crossing out
any part of the form text you do not like, especially the bit before the
signature, you will therefore not be legally bound by this. You a legally
required to fill out the form and provide the information, you do not have
to sign up to more conditions and requirements

Jon
Post by Jon Smith
mortgage payment by e.g. £200 per month, ask the bank to confirm the TOTAL
payment per month in writing and separately the interest rate. Get the
documentation and then reduce your payment back to normal. Should save
you
Post by Jon Smith
Post by Jon Smith
few quid.
;-)
Martin <><
Martin Davies
2005-04-13 18:09:49 UTC
Post by Jon Smith
They are unlikely to question it and the figure on the letter would be an
accurate representation of your monthly replayment on the date the letter
was written. You will not have lied. I never fill out the form just put in
please see attached letter from lender. Also it is aways worth crossing out
any part of the form text you do not like, especially the bit before the
signature, you will therefore not be legally bound by this. You a legally
required to fill out the form and provide the information, you do not have
to sign up to more conditions and requirements
Jon
It would be an accurate representation of what is paid. Just not an accurate
representation of mortgage payment required. Unless changing the term of the
mortgage for a while.
Housing costs are mortgage payment required, though I like the idea of
crossing off bits of text.

Martin <><
Mike & Vaila