Change in benefit rules
Lee Phillips
2008-07-07 16:32:49 UTC
Thought may be of interest to some.....

Apparently, part of the CMEC legislation kicks in later in the year
(October?) and the first thing to change will be the 'PWC on benefit no
longer having to deal with the agency' rule.

So anyone with semi-decent relations with the ex... possibly good news?
redmelons
2008-07-07 17:11:32 UTC
Post by Lee Phillips
Thought may be of interest to some.....
Apparently, part of the CMEC legislation kicks in later in the year
(October?) and the first thing to change will be the 'PWC on benefit
no longer having to deal with the agency' rule.
So anyone with semi-decent relations with the ex... possibly good news?
Found a post from somebody claiming to work for the CSA (not you again
is it Paladin? ;) )

"The CMEC board is in place, resources are being moved within the next
couple of months to address the outstanding debt by boosting the Debt
Enforcement line of business, section 6 and section 46 repeal is
implemented by both CSA and JCP from 14th July, CM Options kicks off
to support those repeals. From the end of October 2008 all PWC's will
be private clients, no one will be forced to keep a case open if they
no longer to."

I've been on CS1 since 1993 and my daughter has not received one penny
of the payments I have been making to the CSA. Now when she's nearly
18 they decide it was a bad idea to overrule our court order and
deprive her of any support :(
--
I'm using an evaluation license of nemo since 417 days.
You should really try it!
http://www.malcom-mac.com/nemo
redmelons
2008-07-07 17:21:14 UTC
<http://www.opsi.gov.uk/Acts/acts1991/ukpga_19910048_en_1#pb1-l1g6>

"Section 15(b) (which repeals section 46 of the Child Support Act
1991) and associated repeals come into force on 14th July 2008.
Section 15(a) (which repeals section 6 of the Child Support Act 1991)
and associated repeals also come into force on 14th July 2008 except
for existing cases."

Section 6 is the part of the 1991 Act concerning benefits cases.
'Except for existing cases' - looks to me as if current NRP's will
continue to be stuffed, just as we were when CS2 came in.
http://www.malcom-mac.com/nemo
Fletcher
http://www.malcom-mac.com/nemo
Lee Phillips
2008-07-08 11:41:36 UTC
Post by redmelons
<http://www.opsi.gov.uk/Acts/acts1991/ukpga_19910048_en_1#pb1-l1g6>
"Section 15(b) (which repeals section 46 of the Child Support Act
1991) and associated repeals come into force on 14th July 2008.
Section 15(a) (which repeals section 6 of the Child Support Act 1991)
and associated repeals also come into force on 14th July 2008 except
for existing cases."
Section 6 is the part of the 1991 Act concerning benefits cases.
'Except for existing cases' - looks to me as if current NRP's will
continue to be stuffed, just as we were when CS2 came in.
Wow - that sucks. Sorry if I got anyone's hopes up.

I was stupidly going to say 'you can't have different rules for
different people!' but then I remembered the whole CS1/CS2 thing and who
we're dealing with here.

I actually got my info from the CSA so it sounds like they haven't been
told about this 'except' clause either.
Lee Phillips
2008-07-08 11:41:30 UTC
Post by redmelons
Found a post from somebody claiming to work for the CSA (not you again
is it Paladin? ;) )
Hehe - definitely not a CSA employee. Mind you, even if I was, I
certainly wouldn't admit it with Fletcher around :)
I used to post here regularly a few years ago (before this newsgroup
died). Now just an occasional lurker.
ke
2008-08-17 00:56:45 UTC
Could somebody please explain a bit more.
I was under the impression that some caring fathers might now actually see
some of their hard earned cash actually going to their children(or their ex
partner) instead of the government.Which I suppose is a step closer to the
children actually seeing some benefit from it.