Sexist CSA
Me
2008-05-07 15:27:56 UTC
Last May my daughter (16) came to live with me. Because I had been
assessed for the two them living with her, I phoned and asked for a re-
assessment. Was told this not possible for 6 months. Said, OK, I want to
claim against her for the 16yo. Was asked if I was in receipt of Child
Benefit? No, not yet. Oh well, call back when you are.
A month later I got the Child Benefit through, so called again and said
"Got it". "We'll get someone to call you back". Never did. Called again
in November. I had been off sick and was on Statuary Sick Pay - LESS
than I was assessed for. Again asked for re-assessment. Again told 'not
for 6 months'. Asked about my claim. They said they'd get someone to
call. Haven't yet.

So why is it when SHE applied, I was assessed within a week?

I can only assume that women receive immediate attention, while men get
the brush off.
Fletcher
2008-05-07 16:06:04 UTC
When o' when are you people going to learn that talking to these bastards on
the phone is an exercise in futility?

Put everything in writing, copy it to your MP, tell them it's being coppied
to your MP and watch them jump to attention with everything being done as it
should be done!

If not you have their ass in a sling.
the brush off.
John Smith
2008-05-07 17:19:17 UTC
Another good tip is to say you are a journalist and phone up and ask to
speak to a PR representative. It appears journalist are not liked by the
CSA, but they are also scared you might give them a slagging off in the
press, so it tends to get your case pushed through a but quicker.

Jon
the brush off.
s***@o2.co.uk
2008-05-13 08:57:59 UTC
Post by Me
[...]
You'll hear many similar stories! When I was divorced from my sons'
mother, we made all the arrangements in court - including me signing
MY house over to her with some £60,000 equity. The CSA became involved
when she claimed some benefit, upped my monthly contribution by nearly
300% but said that the house did not count as a contribution because
it was not a cash payment! Some eight years later I no longer pay for
my eldest (23 year old Royal Marine) but until very recently was still
paying for my second son (19 years old, working full time but awaiting
exam result to go to university) and for my third son (17 years old,
lives with me but is away serving in the Royal Navy at present) and
for my youngest (who at least is still school age and living with his
mother). I phoned them last month to see if I could get the two middle
sons removed from the assessment to be told that they had been, but
the contribution will not changed because they (the CSA) believe that
I can afford to continue paying at the present level! I might just try
Fletcher's idea and try again in writing to see if I can get a
reduction.
Martin
2008-05-13 10:52:13 UTC
Post by s***@o2.co.uk
Post by Me
[...]
Same thing happened to me. There's no wonder some of us are a bit pissed
at the CSA and being shafted. Not only that but the ex refused to tell
the CSA I'd paid for her to have replacement central heating and changed
the windows for double glazing. Apparently I paid for that because I
wanted to (I suppose I did) but it didn't change what the CSA took off
me. I'd have been better off giving her a cheque and writting "for child
support" on it and letting her pay for the windows and heating.

A lot of it was vindictiveness on her part though, she could have, and
morally should have said it was a cash payment to her, the cheque was
made out to her.

We live and learn. Now I'm self-employed and losing money on the
business so I have a nil rating and long may it stay that way.
Fletcher
2008-05-13 17:06:02 UTC
Too right mate, they are required by law to stick to their own rules. On the
phone they can say anything they like (unless they phone me, I use tapes)
but on paper they must comply with the rules.

So yeh mail them and get it reduced, but remember to copy your MP or they
spew out the bullshit that they never got the mail!

good luck
reduction.
John Boy
2008-05-13 20:09:00 UTC
Some advice..(and a diatribe..but hell..)

Been here too and learned the hard way: no (NO..nowt) ie nothing at all that
the NRP pays counts for anything unless it is CSA sanctioned. If you don't
go through them then expect to be 'deadbeat dad' DOEd. Nothing you say/pay
counts (without evidence) anything she says counts unless you have evidence
to the contrary (and even then...). Fletcher is right: write,,,I have had a
good result from a phone call....but you depend upon getting through and to
the right person and establishing a rapport...and even then some t**t can
undo it all and deny all knowledge.

Of course it's sexist : most female MPs didn't get there because of
intelligence/statesperson...B. Castle, G. Dunwoody (hope sp. ok) excepted.
What really screwed all the systems was the Target Culture and minimum wage
basic CSA people. Hit your targets...get on and be praised (no questions
aked) you are only following instructions.......now, who was that Adolf
bloke..?..

Ah, but NRPs (Not Really People) can't be equated with...<clearly I can't
write more here or the PC tossers will wet themselves....the NRP parallel is
striking though...'and next we will deal with the ...,,problem'>

Short of a Frank Field rebellion (the 10% tax shaft was <as I wrote at the
time to my MP, J. {hamster} Smith at the time...and was ignored> a travesty
that would see Labour gone) the NRP is shafted so much more easily.

The CSA destroys more kids futures than it saves (the serial shaggers are
free-to-roam if not working), real dads must make up the target totals.The
name is just spin-drift.

Soon to be 3 (THREE!!!) systems which will penalise kids with dad-contact
differently...who cares...NOBODY.
So, Gordon is Autistic (yes, he is) but the loons before did no better and
does anybody seriously expect a sensible, strategic response?

Best advice is|: get out of the UK: dads here are not ever (even if good
family men) above suspicion. This is the
'Self-Fulfilling-Prophecy-Society'.....................sing along then!

I wish I had a positive answer but if you are an NRP male in the UK then
any effort you make can be killed on a whim...hence the growing army (faster
than the elderly-care problem) of 'poor' Benefit Mummies (er..children in
poverty). You could weep eh...?

So, do the Fletch: go by post and enclose evidence (photocopy SSP letters
etc) and say you are enclosing them in your main letter and do send a copy
to your MP with a 'help!' note and be persistent (your first MP reply will
be a brush-off)..go to their 'surgery' do 'em face-to face. They hope/expect
a squeal-and-quiet constituent. Being not easily silenced and maybe a
nuisance will stir them into some sort of action (Smith, J...the 'Home
(Economics) Secretary' needs cattle-prodding) especially now ...push
hard...Greedy-Gordon and his minions are worried.

Good luck, be PERSISTENT

JB
reduction.
Me
2008-05-14 10:48:59 UTC
I had all the usual shit after splitting up from my wife. Gave her the
house "in full and final settlement". Along comes CSA and says "That
doesn't count". The split was friendly, so I took her off benefits for a
few months and she told the CSA to go fuck itself. She was only on
benefits for a few months after that, and the CSA have never been
involved since.

With my recent ex, I have sucessfully got them to stop using the term
"parent with care" on the phone or in correspondance. After all, I am
NOT the "parent without care". And we have equal custody. And one of the
kids nominally lives with me (she's away at college).

The only way to sort the CSA out is with a small tactical nuke. Totally
fucked up idea to begin with, and apparently staffed by Nazis and
Extremists. I do know that the Plymouth site was built illegally, on
land inside the National Park and that was donated "for the people of
Plymouth". Anyone got a spare bulldozer?
Mr Green Genes
2008-05-14 11:53:42 UTC
Post by Me
I do know that the Plymouth site was built illegally, on
land inside the National Park and that was donated "for the people of
Plymouth". Anyone got a spare bulldozer?
I didn't know that. Sorry I haven't got a spare bulldozer but, if I
can find some dynamite, will that help?

Mr GG
Me
2008-05-14 13:24:49 UTC
In article <54dc4e3f-afad-4c1d-9a1d-
***@m3g2000hsc.googlegroups.com>, ***@yahoo.co.uk
says...
Post by Mr Green Genes
Post by Me
I do know that the Plymouth site was built illegally, on
land inside the National Park and that was donated "for the people of
Plymouth". Anyone got a spare bulldozer?
I didn't know that. Sorry I haven't got a spare bulldozer but, if I
can find some dynamite, will that help?
Mr GG
LOL! "If you see me running, try to keep up". :-D

Fletcher
2008-05-14 12:23:22 UTC
Interesting that they not only steal the peoples money they steal their land
too!

Any more hard evidence available on this one, would like to promote this
issue.
Me