CSA Update
bikeulike
2008-07-05 07:40:23 UTC
Just an update, See my previous post. They have now issued a court summons,
I have to appear at the Magistrates court on 24th July. Has anyone got any
experiences to relate. This is for a liability order.
Fletcher
2008-07-05 12:07:17 UTC
They need the liability order to zap you with a DEO so if your an employee
they will just take what they like straight from your wages before you get
them and your employer must comply.

You don't need to bother going to court.
Lee Phillips
2008-07-07 17:02:02 UTC
Unfortunately, most hearings are little more than a 'rubber-stamp job',
so whether you turn up or not it's unlikely to make any difference.

I didn't see your previous post, so apologies if you already knew all
this or it doesn't apply..... Once given, a liability order means that
you now have a legal debt so apart from affecting your credit rating,
the CSA will now have the authority to get in the bailiffs, put a
charging order on your home etc etc. Unless you're able to 'vanish' be
prepared for things to get nasty(er) as the liability order is just the
first stage of the process.