Mortgage Question
oi-kev
2009-02-02 13:12:18 UTC
Currently being re-assessed under old system
paid off mortgage two years ago, can the csa
backdate their calculations ?
Fletcher
2009-02-02 20:05:22 UTC
They appear to be a law unto themselves now and do much as they please but
as far as I'm aware they are only supposed to make changes from the date of
the new assesment.
Red Melons
2009-02-03 17:10:03 UTC
Post by Fletcher
They appear to be a law unto themselves now
Yep, I think they usually say something like 'we made a mistake and you
should have been re-assessed 5 years ago, so you owe use £10,000 which
you must pay within 7 days. If you complain we'll give you £25
compensation for our incompetence'.
Fletcher
for our incompetence'.
Claire Rand
2009-02-04 19:42:55 UTC
Post by Red Melons
Post by Fletcher
They appear to be a law unto themselves now
Yep, I think they usually say something like 'we made a mistake and you
should have been re-assessed 5 years ago, so you owe use £10,000 which
you must pay within 7 days. If you complain we'll give you £25
compensation for our incompetence'.
they still trying to punt the bit how you must "agree" with a wrong
decision before you can challenge it?

i.e. in your hypotetical example, must agree to pay the 10K, and have
started paying it, before they will 'correct' the amount, not that you
would get anything back of course