CSA demanding increased arrears payments
redmelons
2008-08-01 19:51:36 UTC
Had a letter from CSA today saying that although I am paying regular
maintenance and arrears as demanded, the arrears payment is 'lower
than they would normally expect', and if I don 't agree to increased
payments they will hit me for a DEO of 40%.

I've written to my MP to alert him to the fact that the CSA are
hounding people who are paying as agreed. Has anybody had any success
in standing up to this?
--
I'm using an evaluation license of nemo since 442 days.
You should really try it!
http://www.malcom-mac.com/nemo
Eyan
2008-08-01 20:55:33 UTC
Post by redmelons
Had a letter from CSA today saying that although I am paying regular
maintenance and arrears as demanded, the arrears payment is 'lower
than they would normally expect', and if I don 't agree to increased
payments they will hit me for a DEO of 40%.
I've written to my MP to alert him to the fact that the CSA are
hounding people who are paying as agreed. Has anybody had any success
in standing up to this?
--
I'm using an evaluation license of nemo since 442 days.
You should really try it!
http://www.malcom-mac.com/nemo
Apparently they want arrears paid within a two year period! They say pay
this or DEO
Dan
2008-08-01 22:02:46 UTC
Post by redmelons
Had a letter from CSA today saying that although I am paying regular
maintenance and arrears as demanded, the arrears payment is 'lower
than they would normally expect', and if I don 't agree to increased
payments they will hit me for a DEO of 40%.
I've written to my MP to alert him to the fact that the CSA are
hounding people who are paying as agreed. Has anybody had any success
in standing up to this?
--
I'm using an evaluation license of nemo since 442 days.
You should really try it!
http://www.malcom-mac.com/nemo
I've been on DEO for the past 8 years and, due to their immense stupidity by
using staff that cannot recognise a failure to make calculations of the
simplest variety they have also chosen me to be one of those who MUST clear
the arrears within 2 years.

They didn't actually tell ME why the DEO was increasing by £186 a month, my
employer advised me by giving me copies of their letters.

BTW, the majority of the arrears that are owed are due to their "clerical"
error in 2006 whereby they told my employer to effectivily pay only the
amount that I had been paying to clear the previous arrears. So for 18
months I was accruing another massive debt that I have no choice but to pay.
Not that I mind paying for the childs support *cough* but the total
inepitude of this so called government agency leaves me wondering ....WTF

To summarise : they fuck up, you pay. you fuck up , you pay, they want
40%, you pay 40%.

imo, they only want the money to offset the other fuckup they made with the
10% tax thingy.

No cheery news here i'm afraid.

All the best.
Dan.
Fletcher
2008-08-04 12:30:06 UTC
It's incredible that this is allowed to continue, this is extortion, it's
government sponsored terror, it's vile and it's disgusting and the fact that
some scumbag at CSA will very probably be receiving a "large" bonus on the
back of such vile tactics is beyond belief but very probably true!
http://www.malcom-mac.com/nemo
redmelons
2008-08-04 21:38:57 UTC
Post by Fletcher
It's incredible that this is allowed to continue, this is extortion,
it's government sponsored terror, it's vile and it's disgusting and
the fact that some scumbag at CSA will very probably be receiving a
"large" bonus on the back of such vile tactics is beyond belief but
very probably true!
That's almost exactly what I said in my letter to the CSA :)

As I pointed out to my MP, they don't even feel the need to tell me
how much my arrears are - they just demand 'money with menaces' like
the worst loan sharks.

It 'may' backfire on them though. My daughter signed on for two
college courses in the last year, but never actually attended. I've
said nothing up till now, but now I've said 'enough's enough' and
demanded a termination date and compensation for over-charging.
--
I'm using an evaluation license of nemo since 445 days.
You should really try it!
http://www.malcom-mac.com/nemo
Fletcher
2008-08-04 23:17:34 UTC
So I think we can assume from this letter that the official policy is now to
take 40% from any body who has any arrears irrelevent of circumstance?

Presumably this is a staff (cash insentive) bonus target of some sort.

If you'd like to mail me a scan copy of the letter, ***@remove
yahoo.co.uk I'll post it on www.onwww, minus any personal info.

Good luck with the termination date and do let us know how it all goes.
http://www.malcom-mac.com/nemo
Eyan
2008-08-04 23:27:00 UTC
Post by Fletcher
So I think we can assume from this letter that the official policy is now
to take 40% from any body who has any arrears irrelevent of circumstance?
I was told this...

We need to discuss payments. I will contact you once the technical issues
have been resolved. When there are outstanding arrears in cases, the agency
asks for a lump sum payment towards these arrears by way of a debit or
credit card payment and the balance to be paid within 2 years. The agency
can take up to 40% of your net income to recover arrears, however, we can
discuss payment arrangements once we have an actual arrears balance.
Fletcher
balance.
Eyan
2008-08-04 23:34:43 UTC
This was a letter addressed to me from CSA
Eyan
2008-08-04 23:36:11 UTC
Will send you a Personal Fletch... Give me 5 mins. Ian83344 ok
Lostout
2008-08-07 19:17:43 UTC
I am of the opinion that the CSA are deliberately getting easy targets like
me into debt so they can then later make their debt collecting figures (and
personal bonuses) look good. I am on a DEO and got reassesed with my
payments going up. However, despite reminders from me to them they never got
around to letting my employer know until the debt was almost £2000.
When they eventually got around to letting employer know of the new payment
they also decide that I should have to pay off the debt within a year, no
negotiation of contact, just a payment schedule. Fortunately I knew about
the debt building up so didn't spend the money - put it in a bank account
earning me a bit of interest.

But like I said, I'm an easy target and I suspect they deliberately get
people like me into debt so they can then make their debt recovery look
good.
http://www.malcom-mac.com/nemo
Dan
2008-08-07 21:34:23 UTC
Post by redmelons
Had a letter from CSA today saying that although I am paying regular
maintenance and arrears as demanded, the arrears payment is 'lower
than they would normally expect', and if I don 't agree to increased
payments they will hit me for a DEO of 40%.
I've written to my MP to alert him to the fact that the CSA are
hounding people who are paying as agreed. Has anybody had any success
in standing up to this?
--
I'm using an evaluation license of nemo since 442 days.
You should really try it!
http://www.malcom-mac.com/nemo
I would have to agree with your statements Lostout, they frigged with me
once and I pounced back with written details of how they messed up. 2 years
later, they want their Lb of flesh plus 40%. God help us if we do actually
go into a recession, they'll want everything tomorrow.

Dan.