CS1: The other side of the fence...
Tony
2008-06-09 10:19:59 UTC
Hi,

I have a friend (really I do!) and she is on CS1 and the father pays
for 2 children. She is currently on benefits. Am I right in thinking
that she is entitled to the first £10 p/w of his payments with the
Treasury getting to keep the rest? (Or is she entitled to nothing at
all from his payments?)

Thanks.
Fletcher
2008-06-09 12:52:45 UTC
Yes, she should get, benefits + £10.00 and if he pays more to CSA than that
figure technically she should come of benefit and live of his CSA money but
in reality that rarely happens as it involves two agencies and the whole
system is a mess run by clowns so the treasury just keep that difference
(CSA handed over £90m+ last year) and she usually stays on benefits. See
http://www.onwww.co.uk for a full explanation of how children are robbed by
this government daily.

If the "proper" scenario did take place then he is actually funding her
entire life and not just the children so either way it's all wrong and
amounts to the government ripping "them" all off.

But what else can we expect from government whether its labour or
conservative they all appear to thieving bastards furiously filling their
pockets, from the cash for honours scandal this latest Spellman cow using
her expenses to pay for child care right up to and including the prime
minister using his expenses to pay his mortgage (oh and this cretin Brown
also used it to buy his fucking tv licences) so it's not surprising that
collectivly they use these agencies to steal from children!

You'll also find an article on http://www.onwww.co.uk detailing how they
steal child tax credits from children too.
Thanks.
Tony
2008-06-10 13:32:40 UTC
On Mon, 9 Jun 2008 13:52:45 +0100, "Fletcher"
Post by Fletcher
Yes, she should get, benefits + £10.00 and if he pays more to CSA than that
And that definately applies to PWC's on CS1? OK. Ta.
Post by Fletcher
figure technically she should come of benefit and live of his CSA money but
I think she would like that. But her ex is a prick who has, amongst
other things, gone on to father about 4 other kids by 2 or 3 other
women so she would not actually get much more than about £30-£35 p/w
if off benefit. (For a number of reasons, he really is one NRP that
deserves all the shit he gets, and I don't say that often being an NRP
myself).
Post by Fletcher
in reality that rarely happens as it involves two agencies and the whole
system is a mess run by clowns so the treasury just keep that difference
(CSA handed over £90m+ last year) and she usually stays on benefits. See
http://www.onwww.co.uk for a full explanation of how children are robbed by
this government daily.
Yeah. I agree, for the most part. Looking at the proposed CMEC
elements though (if I have read it correctly) it seems like PWC's will
be further encouraged to stay on benefits with proposals such as:
increased maintenance disregard, maintenance against gross NRP's
salary, increased capping etc.

It seems to me like the CMEC proposals are there to make the
government billions more for their coffers, whilst popularising the
demonisation, victimisation and harrassment of many potentially
innocent NRP's. (I see the 'name and shame' chestnut has reared it's
head again in CMEC).

What's your take on the CMEC proposals?
Post by Fletcher
If the "proper" scenario did take place then he is actually funding her
entire life and not just the children so either way it's all wrong and
amounts to the government ripping "them" all off.
I get to see both sides of the fence on a daily basis. My personal
take is: Show me someone who believes that the CSA is a force for good
and I will show you a bloody fool.
Thanks.
redmelons
2008-06-10 19:55:37 UTC
Post by Tony
I have a friend (really I do!) and she is on CS1 and the father pays
for 2 children. She is currently on benefits. Am I right in thinking
that she is entitled to the first £10 p/w of his payments with the
Treasury getting to keep the rest? (Or is she entitled to nothing
atall from his payments?)
The £10 payment only applies on CS2. On CS1 the treasury keep the lot.
--
I'm using an evaluation license of nemo since 390 days.
You should really try it!
http://www.malcom-mac.com/nemo
Tony
2008-06-11 11:27:20 UTC
Post by redmelons
Post by Tony
I have a friend (really I do!) and she is on CS1 and the father pays
for 2 children. She is currently on benefits. Am I right in thinking
that she is entitled to the first £10 p/w of his payments with the
Treasury getting to keep the rest? (Or is she entitled to nothing
atall from his payments?)
The £10 payment only applies on CS2. On CS1 the treasury keep the lot.
Thanks. Not that a tenner is much I know, but it was worth asking.