Help NACSA!!!
Gaznstu
2005-02-05 10:03:16 UTC
Heres a one youve probably not come across,

I havent told the csa im living with a partner coz i believe in my
circumstances its not relevant. Thats because im gay.

If i told them im living with my partner would i be better off would you think?

Cheers
Mike & Vaila
2005-02-05 11:40:56 UTC
They would not recognise your partner, as your partner as the CSA (benefit
system in general)do not recognise same sex relationships. If you are on
CSA1 and your housing costs are in your partners name you will be classed as
living with a friend and have no housing costs taken into account That would
increase your payment). If they are joint costs you would be only allowed
half (again this would increase your payment).
Cheers
Neil Hopkins
2005-02-05 15:08:22 UTC
On Sat, 5 Feb 2005 11:40:56 -0000, "Mike & Vaila"
Post by Mike & Vaila
They would not recognise your partner, as your partner as the CSA (benefit
system in general)do not recognise same sex relationships. If you are on
CSA1 and your housing costs are in your partners name you will be classed as
living with a friend and have no housing costs taken into account That would
increase your payment). If they are joint costs you would be only allowed
half (again this would increase your payment).
Also, if you are on CS2 it would make no difference in any case.
--
neil h.
"Power corrupts. Absolute power is kind of neat." - John Lehman
rippedoff
2005-02-05 15:37:41 UTC
I had a NRP once living with me temporarily who was not my partner. He paid
me weekly for his lodgings and I gave him receipts back which the CSA took
the full amount of into account. So, if they won't class you as partners and
the housing is in your partners name then ask him to give you receipts for
your part of the housing costs. which will (should) then be taken into
account in your assesment.
Cheers
Martin Davies
2005-02-05 16:02:24 UTC
Post by Gaznstu
Heres a one youve probably not come across,
I havent told the csa im living with a partner coz i believe in my
circumstances its not relevant. Thats because im gay.
If i told them im living with my partner would i be better off would you
think?
Post by Gaznstu
Cheers
That would be board and lodging, which is usually allowed in part.
The full amount minus something for light & heat depending on rooms that are
rented, and also deducting an amount for meals if they are included in the
board payment.
Thats CS1. CS2 doesn't bother with board & lodge.

Martin <><
rippedoff
Martin <><
Nacsa Chair
2005-02-06 16:42:34 UTC
Looks like everyone else beat me to this question :0)
NACSA CHAIR
--
WHEN CSA GET IT WRONG...NACSA PUT IT RIGHT!!! www.nacsa.co.uk PO BOX 4120
Stourbridge, West Midlands DY8 1WY
Post by Gaznstu
Heres a one youve probably not come across,
I havent told the csa im living with a partner coz i believe in my
circumstances its not relevant. Thats because im gay.
If i told them im living with my partner would i be better off would
you
Post by rippedoff
Post by Mike & Vaila
think?