Activating old cases
EasyLay
2008-10-20 11:08:29 UTC
Well you can imagine my surprise when I got a call from the CSA a few
years ago. My ex had applied to them and now they were on my case. So
I rang my ex and we thrashed out a private agreement between us and
she contacted the CSA to ask them to drop the case.

My question is this; I have a feeling my details are still on a
database somewhere. Supposing the worst happens and my "former love"
decides to get the CSA attack dogs onto me again. Would she have to
open a fresh case? She wouldn't be able to open the re-open the
previous case and leave me with years worth of arrears?

thanks in advance!
Fletcher
2008-10-20 13:05:08 UTC
She can get them involved again any time she likes, if she starts claiming
benefit its automatic. If they DID close the last case (do you have that
closure in writing?) they would start from the date of the first contact
letter re her NEW claim.
thanks in advance!
EasyLay
2008-10-20 14:19:30 UTC
Post by EasyLay
Well you can imagine my surprise when I got a call from the CSA a few
years ago. My ex had applied to them and now they were on my case. So
I rang my ex and we thrashed out a private agreement between us and
she contacted the CSA to ask them to drop the case.
My question is this; I have a feeling my details are still on a
database somewhere. Supposing the worst happens and my "former love"
decides to get the CSA attack dogs onto me again. Would she have to
open a fresh case? She wouldn't be able to open the re-open the
previous case and leave me with years worth of arrears?
thanks in advance!
I didn't get any written confirmation from the CSA - I just didn't
hear from them again
EasyLay
2008-10-20 14:22:06 UTC
Post by EasyLay
Well you can imagine my surprise when I got a call from the CSA a few
years ago. My ex had applied to them and now they were on my case. So
I rang my ex and we thrashed out a private agreement between us and
she contacted the CSA to ask them to drop the case.
My question is this; I have a feeling my details are still on a
database somewhere. Supposing the worst happens and my "former love"
decides to get the CSA attack dogs onto me again. Would she have to
open a fresh case? She wouldn't be able to open the re-open the
previous case and leave me with years worth of arrears?
thanks in advance!
I didn't get any written confirmation from the CSA - I just didn't
hear from them again
plus I don't think they actually has my address at the time anyway - I
was contacted on my mobile
Fletcher
2008-10-20 15:14:30 UTC
You can't trust these bastards, if you don't have it in writing there is a
slim possibility that you could be accumulating massive arrears, in all
probability the case is closed or they would have kept on your case, suggest
you check but do it in writing. Simply write and ask them to confirm that
the case is closed.

You don't have any proof of phone conversation and they almost always deny
they ever took place!
hear from them again
EasyLay
2008-10-20 16:03:51 UTC
Post by EasyLay
Well you can imagine my surprise when I got a call from the CSA a few
years ago. My ex had applied to them and now they were on my case. So
I rang my ex and we thrashed out a private agreement between us and
she contacted the CSA to ask them to drop the case.
My question is this; I have a feeling my details are still on a
database somewhere. Supposing the worst happens and my "former love"
decides to get the CSA attack dogs onto me again. Would she have to
open a fresh case? She wouldn't be able to open the re-open the
previous case and leave me with years worth of arrears?
thanks in advance!
I didn't get any written confirmation from the CSA - I just didn't
hear from them again
ok thanks for advice ;)