Crown Immunity CSA and Civil Proceedings
Stuart Maskery
2009-03-09 15:59:19 UTC
Can anyone advise if its possible to take the CSA to the small claims
court as I am not sure if its possible because of Crown Immunity?

Regards
Stuart
d***@fsmail.net
2009-03-11 17:20:03 UTC
99.999999999% certain the answer is no... or a waste of time.
If you are very wealthy there are higher Courts, but you probably
would be a lot less wealthy if you tried.
ian howard
2009-05-23 08:50:24 UTC
I am confident the CSA is not immune to civil proceedings. If the CSA has
not complied with their crown code of practice and it can be proven then a
judge will surely rule in your favour. I will be persuing the CSA in a
simillar case. I just need to gather the evidence.

url:http://myreader.co.uk/msg/13953277.aspx
Stuart Maskery
2009-06-30 22:55:29 UTC
Post by ian howard
I am confident the CSA is not immune to civil proceedings. If the CSA has
not complied with their crown code of practice and it can be proven then a
judge will surely rule in your favour. I will be persuing the CSA in a
simillar case. I just need to gather the evidence.
url:http://myreader.co.uk/msg/13953277.aspx
There may be another option in my case, I was discussing it last week
with a friend that has years in commercial banking and because I
enclosed a letter stating that the payment was for my children it forms
a legal contract which they accepted by cashing the cheque but she
thinks it may be easier to file a claim against the company or
organisation that does the cash handling and cheque payments rather than
the CSA, only problem is I cant find out if this is done in house by the
CSA or contracted out

Stuart.