Creating a company to minimise CSA payments
Bella 47
2009-06-16 10:49:47 UTC
Hi, I'm posting the original message now!
Hello,
I am posting on behalf of my son who is probably soon going to be
receiving assessment forms from the CSA.I have read a great many
posts, particularly those concerning forming a limited company, or
sole trader company and using a trusted family member (best case
scenario, a wife)to be the director and take the company profits.
My problem is that I cannot find an accountant who has knowledge of,
income tax, corporation tax, WFTC(I don't even know what this is) and
CSA rules.I even tried to email Marag Dubh but my post was
undeliverable.My son is already paying for the child(£200) a month,but
the PWC is spitefully threatening the CSA even though she knows she
will get less money because she's on benefits. All she wants to do is
punish him, because she is thoroughly bitter and twisted. She has
admitted to deliberately getting pregnant by not taking her pill, even
though she was always well aware he didn't want children.Anyway,please
does anyone know where I can find an accountant who is familiar with
the above? The last one I spoke to didn't even seem to know about the
CSA, never mind advise as to how to set up the right type of business,
he thought I was trying to avoid paying income tax! Any help and
advice gratefully received.
Bella
Roy
2009-07-27 18:46:33 UTC
[...]
The problem is that the CSA will require your son to provide
documentary evidence. These guys are experts and have had years of
experience in determining cases where a change of circumstances occur
immediately after first contact by the CSA. They will typically say
that the change of circumstances is a deliberate attempt to deprive
income in order to minimise future maintenance payments and could well
apply an assessment that reflects that assumption.

regards Roy